Friday, August 22, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Skewers - Appetizers #4

Here is another favorite appetizer around my house. It could even be a main course if we could afford enough shrimp. Granted I know a few shrimp boat owners here in Florida and we can get them a little cheaper right of the boat but the couple pounds just might not be enough!

1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. worcestershire
2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
4 tbsp. butter, melted
9 slices bacon
18 jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
wood skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes.

First cut the slices of bacon in half.

Combine butter with spices, add shrimp, toss well to coat, let marinate at room temperature 30 to 60 minutes. Remove shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade.

Wrap a slice of bacon around each shrimp and secure onto a skewer to hold both ends of the bacon. Place several shrimp onto one skewer but leave enough room between each shrimp to allow the back to crisp evenly. Place skewers on hot grill for 4 minutes; turn and brush shrimp with reserved marinade and grill for 4 minutes longer or until the shrimp are cooked throughout.





3 comments:

Satisfying my Sweet Tooth said...

This looks So good! I love shrimp but my husband is allergic so I only get it when we eat out, but I'll have to make this for me and substitute chicken or steak for him! Yum!

Bryan said...

I know your husband is probably allergic to all shellfish, but scallops are a good substitute also for anyone not allergic.

Deborah Dowd said...

This looks like a delicious appetizer that I can eat (no carbs!)