Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shane Lyons, The Next Food Network Star Contestant

This a Meet & Eat from the folks behind Serious Eats

Name: Shane Lyons
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Occupation: Cook

Favorite comfort food? I LOVE Buffalo wings with thick and stinky blue cheese.

Guilty pleasures? Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Buns ice cream.

What food won't you eat? Soy butter.

What would you like to try but haven't yet? Haggis.

Favorite food person? Alton Brown.

When did you first realize you were a serious eater?
I was 8-years-old and about 90 pounds. I realized I was the only one in the family that went back for more than two helpings at dinner.

What do your family and friends think of your food obsessions?
They often get to reap the benefits by eating what I make.

Everyone has that one person they call when they need a restaurant recommendation. Who do you call?
If I am on the East Coast, I call a good friend of mine from culinary school, Nate Auchter. The man is on point when it comes to good food.

And what's the best recommendation they've ever given you?
Jean Georges's 66 in New York. One of the best meals I have ever had. (Editor's Note: The restaurant has since closed.)

What is your favorite meal of the day (eg., lunch, dinner), what's your go-to spot for that meal and what do you usually order?
Dinner is my favorite meal to eat. I love Front Range BBQ in Colorado Springs (the pulled pork sandwich is on point).

Do you ever cook? What's the best dish you make?
I cook all day long at the restaurant, and try to make every dish that goes out the best it can possibly be.





0 comments: